Fiberglass yarns are a key player in many
different industrial applications. They are preferred for
use in these applications because of their high strength,
heat and electrical resistance, flexibility, and durability.
Fiberglass yarns are important components in industries
such as packaging, insulation, filtration and safety products.
The adaptability of fiberglass yarns to a wide variety of
processing and application situations make these products
highly valued in the market. New application development
and material replacement options are considered on a daily
basis, and fiberglass yarns fit at the top of the list for
many of these programs.
Use of AGY fiberglass yarns in the industrial
market include the following:
- Filament tape and packaging materials
- Industrial insulation and appliance gasketing
- Safety fabrics
- Motor coil winding insulation
- Coated fabrics
- Pressure vessels
AGY offers a wide range of E Glass yarns,
as well as some S-2 Glass products, for a variety of applications.
- G150, G75. Applications: reinforcement
for filament tapes, coated fabrics PTFE compatible
- DE37, G37 yarns and texturized products.
Applications: thermal fabrics such as welding blankets,
gloves, fire suits, ovens gaskets
- DE50, DE100, DE150, DE75. Applications:
filtration fabrics and high temperature filter bags
- E225, D450, D900. Applications: coated
fabrics PTFE compatible, protective fabrics
- BC sewing thread: Applications: filtration
- Affordable High Perforamnce Reinforcement Enables New Marine Applications [Eng
- High Performance S-1 Glass™ for Demanding Wind Energy Turbine Blade Applications [Eng