AGY recently introduced L-Glass™ yarns, designed for use in high-speed electronic systems where signal integrity is critical. AGY has developed L-Glass yarn counts equivalent to traditional E Glass yarns used in printed wiring board applications.
- Low dielectric constant - enables higher processing speeds.
- Low dissipation factor - maximizes signal integrity at high speeds (low loss).
- Low CTE - better match to silicon at high processing temperatures.
- Variety of yarn counts - designed for volumetric equivalency to E Glass yarns, allowing resin content to be maintained.
- Mobile communications infrastructure
- High-speed routers/servers
- High-speed storage networks
- IC packaging substrate
- L-Glass™ Fiber Data Sheet [Eng PDF]
- L-Glass™ Continuous Yarn for High Speed PCB Applications [Eng PDF]