On March 31, South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster ordered non-essential business to close and suspend their activities effective April 1. The state has designated AGY an essential business, and therefore approved to continue operations.
As of this writing, our raw material supplies remain stable and there is currently no impact to our production.
As with every business, the health and safety of the company’s employees is the highest priority. It is only with a healthy organization that we can maintain production and service your needs. To that end, AGY has implemented a number of measures:
- Regular written communication updates from Senior Management to all associates, including reminders of CDC recommendations for minimizing exposure and potential transmission of the virus.
- Proper social distancing is being maintained wherever possible, including work spaces, break areas, and daily ingress/egress of plant employees.
- Most staff employees are working from home or using a rotating office/home schedule.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of all office and common areas in the plant.
- Suspension of all international travel. Domestic travel is restricted to “essential only”.
- No visitors to AGY’s Aiken facility unless deemed essential to maintaining plant operations. Visitors must complete and pass a self-declaration questionnaire before entering the premises.
AGY has developed a plan for reacting to and maintaining safe operations in the event of a positive case within the factory.
We wish the best for you, your associates, and families during these challenging times.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing