STATE OF CALIFORNIA TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAIN ACT
On January 1, 2012, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 went into effect in the State of California. The act requires certain retailers and manufacturers doing business in California, like AGY Holding Corp., to disclose their efforts, if any, to address the issues of human trafficking and slavery, thereby allowing consumers to make better informed decisions about the products they buy. The following is AGY’s required disclosure under the Act:
- Risk Assessment. At this point in time, AGY does not engage in verification of product supply chains to specifically evaluate or address the risks of human trafficking and slavery. AGY and its subsidiaries strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards of corporate integrity and ethical behavior. AGY expects that its suppliers will conduct their businesses not only in a lawful manner but also in compliance with the same high standards of integrity and ethics. We expect our suppliers to not support, promote or engage in the practice of human trafficking or slavery and we require suppliers to comply with laws including those regarding human trafficking and slavery.
- Auditing. At this point in time, AGY does not audit its suppliers to evaluate compliance with laws concerning human trafficking and slavery. AGY seeks to use only suppliers which it believes act in an ethical and responsible manner. AGY evaluates its suppliers on many different criteria, such as quality, financial stability, compliance with laws and business history.AGY reserves the right to terminate its relationship with any supplier if it believes that a supplier is unable or unwilling to address concerns that AGY identifies.
- Certification. AGY intends to implement a program whereby it will require suppliers to certify that the materials incorporated into the suppliers products comply with the laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the countries in which they are doing business.
- Internal Auditing. AGY operates within an established code of business conduct and ethics which applies to all its employees, advisory committee and its business partners. All are expected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, those related to human trafficking and slavery. AGY encourages anyone that has witnessed or has knowledge of an illegal or unethical activity, consult with or report the incident to his or her supervisor, senior management, AGY legal counsel, the Human Resource Department and/or the Chief Executive Officer. All reports of alleged violations will be investigated and if the investigation indicates that corrective action is required, AGY will determine the appropriate steps to take, including discipline, dismissal and possible legal proceedings.
- Procurement Training. AGY will familiarize those who have direct responsibility for its supply chain management with how to identify human trafficking and slavery issues and, to the extent possible, mitigate such risks.
AGY WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
AGY Holding Corporation’s (“AGY”) website contains general information about our products and services. The information provided on our site is supplied “as is” without warranty, whether expressed or implied, regarding AGY’s product performance, suitability, fitness-for-use and/or purpose. Any information regarding performance or use is only offered as suggestion for investigation for use, based upon AGY or other customer experience. No information found on AGY’s site constitutes advice of any kind.
It is the responsibility of the customer to determine that the product is safe, lawful and technically suitable for the intended use. The disclosure of information herein is not a license to operate under, or a recommendation to infringe any patents.
The privacy of all who visit our website is very important to AGY Holding Corporation (“AGY”). This Privacy Statement provides detailed information about how AGY will collect, use and disclose the information it gathers from our users.
Information Collected and How It Is Used
AGY collects the following types of personal and non-personal information from our website users:
- Information on the use of our website can be monitored to allow AGY to enhance our website to better fit our users’ interests. This type of information includes length of time on our website or on specific pages, overall page interest, and browser details. This information does not disclose personal information about the user and is only disclosed internally or with our website administrators.
- Certain areas of AGY’s website requires user registration to proceed to certain pages. This information is used to ensure the appropriate access for proprietary company information and is kept on file and reviewed periodically to ensure those with on-going access continue to require the information shared to them.
- Personal information, such as name, mailing or e-mail address and contact numbers are collected and may be used to provide additional information on products or services, along with other news that may be of interest, to our users.
If you choose to share personal information on our website, you are providing AGY permission to use this information to better enhance our site and, for marketing research and for other marketing purposes. Your information will not be sold to outside agencies. AGY may, however, disclose your information as required by law, due to legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing Your Information
AGY makes every reasonable effort to prevent the loss or misuse of any information you share. All information collected through our site is maintained on a secure server and is only accessible by those individuals authorized to do so. While technical and security measures are of the upmost importance to us, AGY cannot guarantee that a breach of our servers will not take place. Any such instance of this occurring would be handled in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Third Party Links
Updates to Privacy Statement
Any updates made to this privacy statement will be posted on this website. Therefore, it is recommended that you periodically review our Privacy Statement to ensure you are familiar with any changes made.
Updated August 30, 2013